I can’t can’t believe that I have been working at M & Q for a month. Time flies! Just a couple weeks ago I was falling down escalators (actually); now, I am rolling my eyes at people who talk loudly on the Metro.
What I’ve learned so far:
- Sneakers, or at least comfortable shoes are a must when commuting.
- Patience is key when riding the Metro. With the trains, and the people around you.
- The National Gallery has delicious, but expensive (bit sooo delicious) gelato. I recommend the tiramisu.
- It’s okay to ask a ton of questions at work when you’re confused. People understand. They’ve been there, too.
- It’s okay to take a cab if you’re too tired to walk another mile.
- Before you know it, you won’t be the new person anymore. Or at least the newest.
Here’s to another month of writing, working, and walking in DC!